Strollers have become a big part of the day to day life for many parents today. Some parents use strollers to move around with their baby easily when shopping or just going for a fun walk. For others, strollers are amazing workout tools that help parents stay healthy and happy because they can share their workout with their babies.
Today, I will be writing about a few top rated lightweight strollers. There will be variety in the price ranges and design so that you can have more flexibility in your choice. Ok lets begin, yay!
Summer Infant 2015 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
This stroller is the # 1 best seller in light weight strollers on amazon (this may change from the time of this review). It has been reviewed by 492 people on amazon, giving it an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Why are so many people buying this stroller? (I thought you’ll never ask!).
- It has a durable and stylish 12lb frame
- It has a large seat with a five point safety harness
- The front wheels are anti-shock and the back wheels can be locked
- This stroller can recline into multiple positions
- It has a canopy that can be adjusted or removed completely
- Extra large storage capacity including a basket and a rear storage pocket
- It folds easily and has a carry strap
- It sells for 64.99 USD on Amazon (price may change from the time of this review)
Light weight and compact 3D fold
This stroller weighs less than 12lbs but is durable and will withstand a lot of stress. It folds easily, has an auto-lock feature and a carry strap for easy transportation.
Adjustable canopy and sun visor
It comes with an adjustable canopy that has a pop out sun visor which according to manufacturer blocks 99.9% of UVA and UVB radiations from the sun. This canopy offers great protection from the sun for you babies dellicate skin. The canopy can be removed easily if you need to for some reason.
Reclining seat with five point safety harness
This stroller reclines easily and can recline to an almost horizontal position which is great for naps or on the go diaper changes. It has the recommended five point safety harness which can be adjusted to three height positions as your child grows. This harness is also padded and is thus comfortable for your child.
Big storage capacity
The storage basket is large enough to store oversize diaper bags, purses and other supplies. The rear storage is great for storing phones and keys.
If we talk about the good without mentioning the bad then we are fooling ourselves because nothing is perfect (except our babies of course).
I have read most of the reviews on amazon and found out these to be the main complains given by parents;
- Poor quality canopy which does not provide enough protection from the sun
- Stroller keeps trying to fold during a ride
- Foot rest is not durable
- It is not as easy to fold as the manufacturer suggest.
Considering the price for this stroller and buyer reviews on amazon, I give this stroller a 4 out of 5 star rating.
Britax B-Ready Stroller
This stroller is relatively new and thus has not gathered a lot of popularity yet. However, from the few who have taken the time to review this product on amazon, the consensus is this is a great stroller with a 4.8 out of 5 star rating.
- Weighs 28lbs
- 12 seating options
- click and go system that allows you to connect to any britax infant car seat or bassinet
- Reversible top seat allows your child to face forward or backwards
- Quick fold design
- Automatic frame lock that secures the stroller when locked
- Large under seat storage
- Adult cup holder
- Maximum weight recommendation is 55lbs
- Sold for 499.99 USD at Amazon (price may change from the time of this review)
Ease of use
The B-ready stroller can easily be converted into an inline double stroller. It has 14 seating positions that can easily be adapted to suit your needs. It has a click and go feature that can allow you to place the top seat in a forward facing or rear facing position, install a basinet or an infant car seat without the need for additional adapters.
B-ready stroller has an adjustable handle with comfort grip; it can adjust higher or lower to fit the height of the parent. The second chair can hold a child up to 35lbs and you do not have to remove it to fold the stroller.
It has an oversize storage basket that is accessible from all four sides.
Comfort and safety
The B- ready stroller has a foam filled rubber tire and a suspension system that makes the ride comfortable for your child. It features a no-rethread five point safety harness that can be adjusted with no fuss as your child grows. It also has a head pad that provides extra cushion for your babies head.
It has four reclining positions and an adjustable leg rest which ensures maximum comfort for your baby. The brakes on both rear wheels can be applied by simply stepping on the break pedal ( it has a red/green indicator that lets you know if wheels are locked or not).
According to reviews on amazon, this stroller is almost perfect. So far on amazon reviews, the only complain is that the stroller is too tall, wide and not quit light weight, especially when car seats or bassinets are install.
The britax B-ready stroller is a great stroller. I give it a 4.6 out of 5 star rating. For more information about this stroller, visit Amazon by clicking here.
Maclaren Volo Dylan’s Candy Bar
This stroller is ‘tres chic’; great stroller for girls and ok for boys. It’s not very popular yet but I think its future will be as bright as its colors. It has a 5 out 5 star rating from four people on amazon (that’s a start).
- It features five point safety harness and height adjustable shoulder harness
- Swiveling front wheels that can be locked
- Material is removable and machine washable
- Foot operated parking brakes
- Shock adsorbing four wheel suspension
- Oversize storage basket and waterproof canopy
- Ships fully assembled
- Basic weight without canopy is 9.5lbs
- Sold for 206.63 USD on amazon
- It has a great waterproof canopy that protects against UV radiations
- it comes with a five point safety harness which secures your child and guarantees their safety
- The sock adsorbing wheels makes rides smooth for your child by adsorbing most of the force generated during a ride
- A swiveling front wheel is great because it allows for great maneuverability around corners when it is unlocked and when locked it allows for a steady straight line motion (this is great for fast walks in the parks because it prevents the stroller from making a sudden turn).
- It is ready to use out of the box (no assembly required).
- Too colorful for some people
- It hasn’t been reviewed by a lot of people yet. Those who have, rate it at 5 out of 5 stars.
Since this is a somewhat new product that has not been reviewed by many people yet, I think it will be safe to give it a 4.5 out of 5 star rating. I have come to this conclusion by reading reviews of other models of this stroller. For more information on this stroller, visit Amazon by clicking here.
Please leave a comment and do not forget to share for sharing is caring!